[epsilon-dev] Git: pull vs (fetch then rebase)

Hi everyone,

Apologies for those who already know, but…

To keep our Git commit history clean, please consider using “git fetch” followed by “git rebase origin” when updating your local copy. This means that any merge conflicts that result from your update can be resolved cleanly in a separate commit.

The alternative approach (i.e., “git pull”) is likely to create needless commits, and will make our commit history non-linear (making it harder to read).

Cheers,
Louis.

Back to the top