[epp-dev] JustJ JRE Update Sites

FYI,

I've rebuilt the JustJ JREs to produce permanent update sites as documented here:

  https://download.eclipse.org/justj/www/?page=download

I think the Java 11 updates are not so helpful for EPP:

  https://download.eclipse.org/justj/jres/11/updates/

It's only 11.0.2 which is kind of out-dated, but I'm using them for the Eclipse Installers because they include unpack200 which is relatively important when installing/updating so that p2 can download and process the much smaller *.pack.gz artifacts when available.

For the EPP packages I think you'll want to use these:

  https://download.eclipse.org/justj/jres/14/updates/

Specifically this simple repository:

https://download.eclipse.org/justj/jres/14/updates/release/14.0.2

Alternatively you could use the following composite which will reference the latest release, should there be a new one at some point or a respin of 14.0.2:

https://download.eclipse.org/justj/jres/14/updates/release/latest

I wrote a blog about this upcoming support in the packages and specifically too about the installer's support for installing a product with a JustJ JRE:

  https://ed-merks.blogspot.com/2020/08/no-java-no-problem.html

I.e., the user will be able to run the installer and will be able to create an installation even if they don't have Java installed...

Regards,
Ed

Back to the top