Re: [epp-dev] Resigning as Java package maintainer

Hi Fred,

> If a related document does not already exist, can you describe the
> maintaining tasks, especially with regards to the (manual?) tests?

I'm afraid such a document does not exist yet.

What I did for testing:

- Check that IDE launches (only under a single OS, in my case Linux)

- Check upgrade from the previous version/milestone/RC

- Check using the OSGi console that no bundles are unresolved, i.e.,
only in INSTALLED state

- Check (assisted by sed/sort/uniq) whether there are multiple versions
of a bundle present. If version differences are only
minor/qualifier-only, file bugs with projects pulling in the older or
non-Orbit version.

- Sanity check of basic functionality. Create new project, trigger
content assist, etc. This is always the same, but I don't have a script
written down for it.

- Exploratory testing, often focusing on a single plugin or feature that
I don't use in my day-to-day work (e.g., Buildship, Mylyn)

- File bugs with upstream projects

> This could help to ease transition and give a valuable insight to
> potential successors.

Does the above list help?

Best wishes,

Andreas