[epp-dev] Why doesn't the UDC collect trigger info?

For example, it seems useful to know that someone executed a command via the menu vs a keyboard shortcut, but the UDC doesn't collect this information.  I was poking around the source and I think I figured out how this could be collected.  It's not as easy as one would want, but I think this would work:

In the IExecutionListener.preExecute method, put the value of the event.trigger in a field.  This evaluates to things like MenuItems and StyledText.  Then, when the other methods get called, like postExecuteSuccess, you can use that field to tell how the command was called.

Is there a flaw in my approach?

Back to the top