[epf-dev] ILOG in this morning call

Was great talking to your this morning. We have been using EPF for about
2 years now, to instrument our Consulting methodology and repository of
best practices (ISIS, for ILOG Solution Implementation Standard) and
really appreciate the effort you put in the platform and the content. As
you know, Jerome (Boyer) has also packaged a subset of our process into
ABRD (Agile Business Rule Development) and contributed it as a method
plug-in last March.

Interestingly, while we were all talking about enablement and training,
I received this link from another member of my team, based in Spain:
http://www.agile-itea.org/houseofagile/ (Ana, I think you know Julio).
May be worth trying to get in touch with the project which put that up
if you find the approach relevant to the revamping the website, in quite
an original manner.

Otherwise, note that Pierre has written an article in Dr Dobb's Journal
on our experience with the EPF platform
(http://www.ddj.com/linux-open-source/207001868). Since then, Jerome and
him have ported our plug-ins to 1.5, although there is still work to do
to leverage all the extensibility and usability concepts which 1.5
brings.

As I said this morning, expanding the reach of EPF and OpenUP is indeed
critical, but any idea about measuring the effectiveness of what is
produced is much welcomed. Especially if it can be instrumented in the
platform (Wiki, some web analytics and best practices may be the short
term solution).

Finally, let us know if you are interested in the platform to build a
certification exam (or several exams for several roles and levels). Even
if I understand certification may not be a priority or make it to the
short term roadmap, it could be useful starting collecting relevant
questions from the community. Pierre has implemented a web-based system
for this, with authentication mechanism and various roles involved in
the process of creating a certification exam (e.g. contributor,
reviewer) and the associated workflow. Including an extractor to migrate
the exam content to certification companies (e.g. Pearson VUE or
Prometric).

I wanted to give you a bit more background on our involvement as users
and look forward to interacting more in the future,

Jean.
Jean Pommier, Vice President Methodology, Corporate Quality Office

ILOG Inc., 1195 West Fremont Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94087-3832, U.S.A.
T:+1 408 991 7132, F:+1 408 991 7003, jpommier@xxxxxxxx, www.ilog.com