[epf-dev] Ownership of content

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, I created Bugzilla entries to reflect the ownership of content chunks in BUP, as a way to capture and formalize the acceptance of ownership by people. The entries are here.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=Technology&product=EPF&component=Content&long_desc_type=allwords&long_desc=Ownership+of+BUP+content

If you don't have Bugzilla accounts, I can't assign tasks to you :-(
With an account you can then accept you are the assignee. Please, access this link to create an account:
http://www.eclipse.org/epf/composer_dev_guide/bugzilla.php

If you are already a committer, remember to send an email to the Eclipse webmaster (webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx) to provide your Bugzilla account with full committer rights :-)

One point brought up by Peter Haumer that I'd like to mention here and discuss in our call tomorrow: these specific entries in Bugzilla are sort of abstracts, they don't represent a measurable work that we can be performed and closed. They will eventually be broken down in more measurable tasks, but we don't want to leave them indefinitely open (not good for our project status in the dashboard :-). We have these options then:
- we assign them to people, have them accepting the ownership, then close them right away   OR
- we assign to people and establish a time limit to close them, like the iteration milestone in 4/15, where we expect to have an agreement on BUP structure
- any other? let's discuss it ;-)

Cheers,

Ricardo Balduino
IBM | EPF Committer