Re: [emf-dev] Please Have Your EMF and EMFT Plans in Place by End of the Day Sept 30th!

Jean-Claude,

Your plan really only need to cover what you actually intend to do.  Things like vamping up the website, completing the build infrastructure, writing getting started information and other documentation are all reasonable things to list in your plan.  You could open bugzillas to track these items so that they can be linked into your plan.  It really doesn't need to be something onerous or fancy.  I'd suggest copying a basic plan, like EMF's plan.xml, editing it to turn it into a reasonable plan for your component, and checking it into CVS.

For SDO for example, I plan to say that we're effectively going to provide builds for it and do no further development, other than to stay current with EMF.  I'm even considering to stop providing builds for it entirely and gradually phase it out of development.

For XSD I plan to describe that only service and support will be provided.  Tentatively we (meaning me personally) might investigate support for XML Schema 1.1, but nothing beyond that, and even that's exceedingly unlikely to happen.  I'd heard rumors that Microsoft wasn't intending to support XML Schema 1.1 so the demand for it might be negligible...

Jean-Claude Cote wrote:
Hi Ed,

I've completed the temporality feature we discussed a while back. I
didn't finish hooking it up the the build machine. However it does
build and unit tests pass in the IDE.

Where do you want to go from here?

Thanks
Jean-Claude