Re: [emf-dev] Reading Model

Farooq,

Please ask questions on the newsgroup rather than the mailing list.

EMF doesn't support the old XMI framework but provides much the same
functionality.

EMF can read in XMI 1.0, but only if you have an Ecore model for what you
are reading.  And we don't have a model for the "Class Model".

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             fajan@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             emf-dev-admin@ecl                                          To
             ipse.org                  emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc

             06/23/2004 12:41                                      Subject
             AM                        [emf-dev] Reading Model

             Please respond to
                  emf-dev

I have have two questions

1) I want to read Class Model (not object model) that is saved XMI 1.0 and
UML1.3. I have used emf and XMI framework older version but no success all
online help and books talk about how to load object model but no one talks
about how to load Class Models. in XMI framework I tried this.

XMIFile f = XMIFile.load(filename, XMIFile.DEFAULT, false);
DeclarationFactory df = new DeclarationFactory();
Iterator decls =
df.makeDeclarations(f.getObjects().iterator()).iterator();
m = new Model("MYClaasModel", decls);

But doesn't give me supperclasses, subclasses and multiplicitites. And
here f.getObjects() looks bad to me because I have no objects in the file
just
class model. Please do tell me.

2) Second questions, does EMF allows to load XMI 1.0 docs or it only
allows XMI 2.0.

Thanks
Farooq