Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:00, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 18 Sep 2020, at 17:45, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> See quick descriptions of each below and whether I think they may be relevant:
>
> ... All of tracecompass is great, i.e. profiling on steroids. Definitely heavily used in embedded.

Thank you for the annotated list of features.

>From your comments, it looks like most of the features should be kept.

Yes.

However, please note that although the generic 'embedded' meaning also includes embedded Linux, my plug-ins are of more value for bare-metal applications, so when you say that the tracecompass plug-ins are heavily used in embedded, I scratch my head and try to understand how I can use them for Cortex-M applications.

While it grew out of support for Linux trace (lttng and the like), it is a generic tracing facility, so can be used to do analysis of any trace format, including plain text log files. It is an extremely valuable tool to any real time system and any system that is trying to optimize runtime resources. The challenge outside of Linux on the target is what your datasource is.

Given my deep confusion on the subject, I'll probably keep the existing 2020-09 content, and make a notice that for Java 15 the Qt feature must be uninstalled.

I will be making the same notice on CDT's N&N page for Qt.

HTH,
Jonah

Regards,

Liviu