Re: [ejb-dev] Format Specification PR

The changes you describe all look good to me.  I haven't looked at the preview yet...

Hussain.NM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 3/17/20 6:20 AM:

I have created a draft pull request #93 with changes from Java EE to Jakarta EE for Chapters 1-10.

Changes I have made:

·        As per the Jakarta Brand guidelines, I have added the registered symbol after Jakarta in the first place a particular Jakarta project is mentioned.

·        For Enterprise JavaBeans and EJB I have replaced it with Enterprise Beans, in some places I have omitted Enterprise Beans. For e.g., in section 2.2.4, "the EJB Server Provider and the EJB Container Provider" is changed to "the Server Provider and the Container Provider".

·        For references to older versions like EJB 1.x, 2.x, 3.x I have changed it to Enterprise Beans 1.x, 2.x, 3.x. My assumption is since we are continuing the same work with a new name the older versions should also be referred with the new name.

·        I have not made any changes to Java SE references.

·        Chapter 10 has references to J2SE 1.2, J2SE 1.3, J2EE 1.2, J2EE 1.3. Except these I have changed other references to Jakarta. As per the release plan this chapter will be removed.

Preview is available in my fork:

https://hussainnm.github.io/ejb-api/

Please review and let me know your suggestions and comments.

Thanks

Hussain