Re: [ejb-dev] Preparing the 4.0.0-RC1 release

On Feb 27, 2020, at 11:36 PM, Hussain.NM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Looking at it one more time, the api/pom.xml should not refer to org.eclipse.ee4j:project directly. It should actually have org.eclipse.ee4j.ejb-api:ejb-api-parent which inherits org.eclipse.ee4j:project.

That would be the typical maven way to do it and definitely something we should work towards.

What's standing in our way is basically two things:

 - There's a 600 line bash script that's been passed around that moves into the api/ directory and does the actual release from there.  It needs tweaking.
 - We need to either create/publish open source licensed versions of the spec rather than the EFSL version currently built or skip the publishing of the spec

I created a PR for the second option a while ago, but it needs approval before it can get merged:

Ideally we get to a place where we're creating and publishing an open source licensed spec along with our API jar.

-David

Back to the top