I would like to propose creating a channel on the javaee-wg Slack to have conversation on this topic with Ed, Bill and yourself if you would like to be included. Or is just this mailing list or some other means of communication preferred?

Kind regards,

Edwin

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 at 04:45, reza_rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am connecting you to Ed and Bill here. I think it would be awesome if you can help lead the package naming transition to start with. Ed and Bill could help mentor you.

Reza Rahman
Jakarta EE Ambassador, Author, Speaker, Blogger

-------- Original message --------
From: Edwin Derks <ederks85@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/15/19 5:33 PM (GMT+08:00)
Subject: [ejb-dev] Jakarta Enterprise Beans - Jakarta EE 9

Hello everyone,

my name is Edwin Derks and I'm a Java developer using Java EE for many years. Currently I'm keeping track of the evolution of the Jakarta EE platform as an open-source project and community.

Therefore, I would like to start contributing to the platform in order to support its evolution. I heard that work needs to be done for the Jakarta EE 9 release which is not yet fully determined. Since I'm quite familiar with EJB, it would make sense for me to start off contributing to Jakarta Enterprise Beans.

I have opened an issue on the Jakarta Enterprise Beans Github page (https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/ejb-api/issues/58) for the Jakarta EE 9 changes. Is this the proper way to do this or are there any other processes that I should be aware of and use?

Please let me know if this makes sense or how I can contribute in other ways.

Kind regards,

Edwin Derks