Re: [egit-dev] Git repository context menu now has dozens of menu items, some duplicates

Hello,

Context menu duplication may happen when two or more different versions of the same plugin are loaded by the Osgi core.
As an example, you can reproduce that by placing a 1.0.0 revision jar of a plugin in the Eclipse "dropins" folder and then installing a 1.0.1 revision of the same plugin with the P2 installer of Eclipse.
Thus, one possible reason for this situation is a failure at the update of the Eclipse artifacts manifest at the P2 plugins upgrade's time.
I suggest Mr. Karr to send you :
 - Its Eclipse log, located in the " <Eclipse installation path>\eclipse\configuration" folder, the one at the time of the Egit plugins upgrade.
 - The plugins upgrade log from its Eclipse : "<Eclipse installation path>\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.oomph.setup\setup.log"

Regards, Cedric.

Le mar. 14 mai 2024 à 08:58, Andrey Loskutov via egit-dev <egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

I can't reproduce running latest master builds of SDK & Egit. Also I haven't seen that at any previous egit/SDK version which I update every day since years.
I guess some extra bundle you have installed causes duplication of menus.

--
Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov