Von: ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Greg Wilkins
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2020 18:15
An: EE4J PMC Discussions
Betreff: Re: [ee4j-pmc] Additional spec lead for servlet-api?

Paul et al,

I could not disagree more about the need for a "core review team".   Currently the servlet-api project has 15 committers and we have already had issues where a PR has been made by one, review by another, merged all without knowledge of the spec leads and in a few hours (which were the middle of the night for both spec leads).   We've even had release candidates made in similar ways.   To combat this, we have said that all PRs need approval from a spec lead - thus we have defacto created a core review team.    the proposal to include Mark as a co-lead exactly intended to increase the "core review team".

I just do not believe that 15 equal committers can collaborate productively without some structure.   I don't want the old single leader commits everything model, but the 15 equal committers is too far the other way.  We are striving for a happy medium.

I'm not sure on what basis the vote should be stopped.  It's been proposed, if the vote gets up, then we have 3 leads. If enough people think it is a bad idea, then the vote wont get up and we'll only have 2 leads.

regards