Re: [ee4j-pmc] Migration to Jakarta installation of Nexus

> On Jan 6, 2020, at 5:47 AM, Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I am not on the PMC but I do have the following which could be raised as a pull request to update the parent pom in the ee4j git repo:
> https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/ee4j/compare/eclipse-ee4j:master...tomjenkinson:master?expand=1
>
> Is it OK for a non-PMC member such as myself to submit this patch?

100% ok and 1000% appreciated, Tom :)   Submit away.

You don't need to be on the PMC to contribute.  In fact, a primary job of the PMC is to enable people to contribute.  In the healthiest of healthy projects, the PMC does very little because everyone is enabled and helping each other.

> I did some limited testing using the staging profile in that pom and saw a connection to the new repo seemed to be made (for part of the change), but I didn't test each of the URLs that were changed and nor did I not test upload/download of artifacts. I would highlight that as the repo is empty of dependencies at the moment, testing even the download of artifacts from there will require some artifact to be uploaded in there first. If more comprehensive testing is required prior to merging, is there some known method that can be used without needing to deploy a snapshot of a project using this new repo and then using another project to consume it?

When Terry and team have an instance ready sometime this week one of the first things we'll probably want to do is push some a snapshot and release something out to Maven Central so we can see everything works and call victory.

Deploying and releasing this pom from the new instance is probably a great test.

That will require some Jenkins work.  I'm not 100% sure who is enabled to do that work.  If the list is too small, we may want to increase it.

Mikael, do you know who has access to the Jenkins job that releases the parent pom?

-David

Back to the top