[ee4j-pmc] Release tags with snapshot versions

Short note that many of us, myself included, took the same shortcut to ensuring the EFSL spec does not get put in staging for Maven Central.  Unfortunately, this results in a SNAPSHOT in the tag:

 - https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/interceptor-api/blob/1.2.5-RELEASE/spec/pom.xml#L25
 - https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/ejb-api/blob/3.2.6-RELEASE/spec/pom.xml#L23
 - https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/servlet-api/blob/master/spec/pom.xml#L23

I don't think we all need to re-roll our releases, but from a basic code hygiene perspective many of us on the PMC call today felt we don't really want to be doing this long-term; spec or impl, SNAPSHOTs in tags are discouraged.

On the spec side of the fence and post Jakarta EE 8 release, we should probably work out some way to release from root and have the right thing happen with regards to the EFSL spec.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Back to the top