Re: [ee4j-pmc] Security specs merge

Thanks Kevin. The idea itself makes sense, I was just surprised to see it on the PMC minutes with such a short description. Will that also mean merging the three specs into one?

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 4:57 PM Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Basically, that was about it...  After the dust settles on Jakarta EE 8, the Security API, JASPIC, and JACC projects should consider consolidating since they are very much related and overlap in some cases.  Nothing will happen before Jakarta EE 8 gets out the door.  The discussion was very short and sweet.  Hope this helps.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

From:        "Guillermo González de Agüero" <z06.guillermo@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        EE4J PMC Discussions <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/12/2019 09:45 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [ee4j-pmc] Security specs merge
Sent by:        ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

PMC minutes from 25th June[1] says it was discussed to merge all the security related projects into one. Can we get some more information on what was discussed and its implications?

Regards,

Guillermo gonzález de Agüero

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/ee4j/minutes/?date=2019-06-25#specification-projects-creation_______________________________________________
ee4j-pmc mailing list