[ee4j-pmc] Recommended approach for creation of boilerplate specifications.

Hello -

At the last Jakarta EE Steering Committee Meeting we discussed the following "Recommended approach for creation of boilerplate specifications":

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EGSnr8mmNKIp3eb7odz6jpOoc3qwTISO3uzFMuvf5wc/edit?ts=5d122bdd

There was general consensus on the recommended approach. It was requested that the doc provide up-front context that we expect to have copyright clearance for text for a Platform Specification, but will not have copyright clearance for many of the component specifications.

I have updated the doc the provide the up-front context as requested and, as discussed am forwarding for +1 approval as a Steering Committee recommendation in email.

Oracle votes +1.

Ccing PMC. Even before this is approved by Steering Committee as a formal recommendation, any project team can (and should IMO) proceed with creating component specs using this approach.

Thanks

Will

Back to the top