[ee4j-pmc] Note to Project Leads regarding the Jakarta EE specification project process

Greetings EE4J Project Leads.

I'm sending this note to the EE4J PMC's mailing list with individual EE4J Project Leads in blind copy. Some very important discussions regarding the future of the various projects engaged in Jakarta EE specification work are happening now and in the near future on that list. It is important that you be part of that discussion, so if you have not already done so, please join this list and join in the conversation.

We are at a point in the process where it's time to create specification projects as defined by the Eclipse Foundation Specification Process (EFSP) as a home for specification document development. Where possible and sensible, we will convert the existing "Eclipse Project for ..." projects into specification projects; in cases where this is not possible or sensible, we will create new specification projects.

As part of this, we are required to change the names of the specifications (and corresponding specification projects), and provide scope statements for each of the specifications. The provided links have more information.

This is where you come in. We need all project leads to engage in this process with the EE4J PMC and your project team. To that end, the PMC has set up a project board with individual tasks for each project. Please identify the tasks in the project name board and project scope board that apply to projects within your purview and engage there. Regarding names, the PMC has posted a naming standard for your consideration.

If you have questions, connect with the PMC on the EE4J PMC list (and otherwise engage via that public channel).

Thanks,

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Back to the top