From: ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wayne Beaton
Sent: Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2018 22:24
To: EE4J PMC Discussions
Subject: [ee4j-pmc] Committers, contributors, and ECAs

I've had a few folks ask about whether or not an ECA is required and how our GitHub validation hooks work.

Project committers do not need to sign the ECA, nor are they required to include a Signed-off-by entry in their commit message footer. In this context, "Project Committer" refers to a committer pushing commits to their own project. That is, a committer on one project, must have signed the ECA and must add a Signed-off-by to push commits to another project.

The GitHub hook will pass a pull request when the following is true for all commits included in that pull request:

  • The author is a committer on the project; or
  • The author has an ECA and that the author's email address matches the email address in the Signed-off-by entry and the email address that we have associated with the contributor's Eclipse Foundation account.

It's relatively common that a pull request is marked invalid because one of several commits isn't correctly formed.

If you're observing different behaviour, then please open a bug report against Community/GitHub.

HTH,

Wayne

--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Meet us at EclipseCon Europe 2018: LUDWIGSBURG, OCTOBER 23 - 25

Back to the top