Re: [eclipselink-users] Enable eclipse-link dynamic weaving in an Eclipse RCP application

Shaun Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      You're getting an exception because you've specified that you must
> have weaving but EclipseLink is unable to weave.  To see how weaving can
> be enabled in OSGi take a look at:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/OSGi/Equinox_Byte_Code_Weaving.
> However this approach is sensitive to bundle start order and you'll have
> to ensure that your RCP main is run last.
>
>      Note that the current EclipseLink OSGi support will eventually be
> replaced by Gemini JPA.  This will provide you with an OSGi Enterprise
> specification compliant way to use EclipseLink JPA.  There was a thread
> on the Gemini thread recently on RCP usage:
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/244936/
>
>      Shaun

  Thank you Shaun, I have tried.  With this approach I also have the same
problem.  I'm not sure if the problem is that my oracle jdbc drivers are not
used as osgi bundles but as direct jar libraries.

Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception
[EclipseLink-28022] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504):
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: Value [true] for the property [eclipselink.weaving]
is incorrect when global instrumentation is null, value should either be
null, false, or static.
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JavaSECMPInitializer.checkWeaving(JavaSECMPInitializer.java:123)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JPAInitializer.callPredeploy(JPAInitializer.java:88)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:105)
	... 17 more
  Do you think I should use the Gemini JPA ? I'm not sure what happens if I
use the Oracle jdbc drivers as library.

  Thanks,
      Liviu