Re: [eclipselink-users] Simple Moxy / JAXB Question

Hi Smokie,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.  Looking at the input and output you sent (slightly re-formatted) below, the issue I see is that 4 extra namespace declarations are included.  While the document is technically correct, you would rather not see the extra clutter.

<stream:stream
    xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams"
    xmlns="jabber:client"
    id="4AE5694A"
    from="shigeoka.com" />

<stream
    xmlns="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams"
    xmlns:ns2="jabber:client"
    xmlns:ns3="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"
    xmlns:ns4="jabber:server:dialback"
    xmlns:ns5="jabber:server"
    xmlns:ns6="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams"
    id="4AE5694A"
    from="shigeoka.com"/>

I took a quick look at the XMPP schemas (http://xmpp.org/schemas/) and the other namespaces do appear to be relevant to the domain.  The approach MOXy takes is to declare the relevant namespaces assuming they'll be used rather than taking a performance hit of determining the declarations of demand.  If you are interested in such a feature the best route is to enter it as an EclipseLink bug at the link below:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=EclipseLink
-Blaise

smokie wrote:
Hey,

I am looking at creating a XMPP client using EclipseLink Moxy. I have
converted a XSD that is provided by the XMPP community into POJOs
(http://xmpp.org/schemas/). Currently I read in this XML:

<stream:stream xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams" id="4AE5694A"
xmlns="jabber:client" from="shigeoka.com" />

When I print Java object to the screen I then get:

<stream xmlns="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams" xmlns:ns2="jabber:client"
xmlns:ns3="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"
xmlns:ns4="jabber:server:dialback" xmlns:ns5="jabber:server"
xmlns:ns6="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams" id="4AE5694A"
from="shigeoka.com"/>

>From what I can see, there are two problems. The namespaces are incorrect
and default data is being applied. What is the best approach for solving
these problems?

Best Regards,
Smokie

Back to the top