[eclipselink-users] [OT]-ish Generic JPA Repository Frameworks

I've recently been come across references to generic DAO/Repository
frameworks for JPA which attempt to reduce/standardize the code that you
need to write to manage entities (e.g. http://grepo.codehaus.org/) Other
approaches, such as taken by NetBeans, seem to be to auto-generate custom
DAO Controller classes from the entity definitions .

As a newbie, I'd be interested in whether any of these generic DAO
frameworks are any good, and if so which one(s) should I be looking at, or
would I be better off with custom controller classes (auto-generated or
otherwise)

Regards