[eclipselink-dev] Maven Repository is invalid?!

I doubt that it is a good idea to force people to use the Eclipse.org load balancer. If the balancer selects a mirror that actually is overloaded or not reachable, you will end up with this (what happened to me serveral times these days):

[INFO] [WARNING] The repository url 'http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?r=1&nf=1&file=/rt/eclipselink/maven.repo' is invalid - Repository 'EclipseLin

k Repo' will be blacklisted.

This is annoying, since it my project uses several repos, but it is always the eclipselink repo that will get blacklistet…

I want to propose that you are using java.net as a mirror, i. e. copying all artifacts there. In that case, Maven would pull it from there if it cannot be found using the eclipse load balancer. Most java programmers will have a dependency on java.net anyways, since many common projects and APIs are found there, so it would be a save way without additional burden to the users.

Regards

Markus

Back to the top