[eclipse.org-pmc-leads] Suggestion for tutorials

Hi program committee,

I was talking to a couple of project leads about the tutorials, and they made a suggestion:

Can we have some 2-hour tutorials in addition to the standard 3 ½ hour ones?  The idea would be to squeeze 3 or 4 into Monday in order to allow folks to attend more sessions.  My experience with the longer tutorials over the past two years has been mixed.  For architecture overviews, the long tutorials are good.  But I find the programming examples to be contrived given the short amount of time one actually has to write code.  The 2-hour slots would really be architectural/API overviews and technology demonstrations rather than an attempt at a short programming course.  More people might spring for the extra cost if they could attend more sessions, too.

Thoughts?

Doug

Back to the top