Re: [eclipse.org-committers] Enabling self-service for all projects hosted on GitHub

Hi Thomas,

> Starting July 15th, we will be enabling the self-service for all remaining projects hosted on GitHub, the progress can be followed in the ticket: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/infrazilla/-/issues/1713 .

//
I get 404 - Page Not Found ...

br
Achim

Am 08.07.24 um 09:09 schrieb Thomas Neidhart via eclipse.org-committers:

Dear Committers,

The self-service of Eclipse projects hosted on GitHub has now been operational for more than 1 year. Currently, 108 projects have it enabled as can be seen at https://otterdog.eclipse.org/. Up to now, enabling the self-service for a project was only done on request by the project team, but after a year we consider that service to be stable and valuable enough to enable it for all remaining projects.

Starting July 15th, we will be enabling the self-service for all remaining projects hosted on GitHub, the progress can be followed in the ticket: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/infrazilla/-/issues/1713 .

/Current Status and Next Steps:/

  * 108 projects have self-service already enabled (see
    https://otterdog.eclipse.org)
  * 75 projects (see a list at
    https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/infrazilla/-/issues/1713)
    will have the self-service enabled in the coming weeks

*For projects self-service will be enabled*:

  * A new repo *.eclipsefdn* will be created in the projects
    organization on GitHub that hosts the current configuration of the
    GitHub organizations and its repositories as code
  * Changes to this configuration can be made by forking the repo and
    adjusting the configuration using a PR
  * The PR will be validated automatically and if eligible, you can
    merge the PR yourself by following the instructions presented to you
  * In cases the PR can not be merge by yourself, some EF staff will
    do some additional checks and merge it if approved by the project
    leads
  * After the PR got merged, the changes will be applied automatically
    in most cases (exceptions are secrets that need to be provisioned)

*Need Help?*

Should you have any questions or need assistance in using the self-service, please do not hesitate to open a ticket on the HelpDesk <https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/new>. Additionally documentation is available at https://otterdog.readthedocs.io/en/latest/, the source-code of the service itself is located at https://github.com/eclipse-csi/otterdog, please file any suggestions for enhancements or bug reports there.

Thank you for your cooperation.

On behalf of the Eclipse security team,

Thomas Neidhart