Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Growing and maintaining a open-source communities

For now, I have put the link on this wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Fostering_Community_Growth - probably not prominent enough yet. If anybody has an idea for where this link should be added, please go ahead!

Could we add this as a short topic to the StAC meeting on Sunday before EclipseCon? Who manages the agenda for that meeting?

Boris

Inactive hide details for "Oberhuber, Martin" ---2011/03/10 13:02:31---So who can take the action linking this article "somewhe"Oberhuber, Martin" ---2011/03/10 13:02:31---So who can take the action linking this article "somewhere prominent" ? Thanks,

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"eclipse.org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

2011/03/10 13:02

Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Growing and maintaining a open-source communities

Sent by:

eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

So who can take the action linking this article “somewhere prominent” ?

Thanks,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River
direct +43.662.457915.85 fax +43.662.457915.6

Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Growing and maintaining a open-source communities

Good pointer Boris. I think we should link it somewhere prominent. I’ve spoken at length with Max on those topics. He’s got a very good sense for coordinating contributions.

Mik

--
Dr. Mik Kersten
Tasktop CEO, Mylyn Lead, http://twitter.com/mik_kersten
[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Growing and maintaining a open-source communities

I came across this article by Max Kanat-Alexander who works on Bugzilla. Very interesting, and relevant to Eclipse as well. I'd recommend you read the article as well as the comments. If there's anything that people feel we should adopt, I'd suggest we use bugs filed against the AC for that. In any case, it seems like a topic worth discussing on our next call, or at the EclipseCon multi-council meeting.

http://www.codesimplicity.com/post/open-source-community-simplified/

Boris