Re: [eclipse-mirrors] mirror.library.ucy.ac.cy utilization / server download suggestion

Hi,

This issue still strikes me as odd. Shouldn't downloads from country A, be redirected to a mirror server located at that country A? This would allow for inter-ISP data exchange within national limits, instead of downloading files from other countries. In our case, mirror.library.ucy.ac.cy is shown as an option if one clicks on ">> Select Another Mirror", but it's never the automatically suggested option.

How does the download suggestion work? IP ranges? Autonomous System selection? Or randomly within the same continent?

Can this be improved?

Evelthon