Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Is it just me or is download.eclipse.org rsync down?

On 03/11/2015 11:22 AM, Holger Oehm wrote:
> my rsync job is failing since Monday with error messages like this:
> # rsync: did not see server greeting
> # rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
> main.c(1647) [Receiver=3.1.0]
> I am not sure if the problem is here in our infra structure or is there
> a problem at download.eclipse.org?

It's not just you, though our error message is different:
> rsync: safe_read failed to read 1 bytes [Receiver]: Connection reset by peer (104)
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(251) [Receiver=3.1.0]
This probably started between 13:21 and 19:08 on 2015-03-09 [1].

While we're at it, would it be possible to keep the master in a somewhat
more consistent state? Even when it's not completely broken like now,
rsync-runs almost never finish without errors, because of errors like
> rsync: send_files failed to open "/modeling/mdt/ocl/updates/milestones/.swp" (in eclipseMirror): Permission denied (13)
That naturally makes rsync exit with an error code, and it's thus
impossible to easily see whether the mirror is really broken, or it's
just the usual problem of untransferable files on the master.

[1] https://ftp.fau.de/cgi-bin/show-mirror-status.cgi?mirror=eclipse
--
Michael Meier, FTP-Admin
Friedrich-Alexander-Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg

Back to the top