Re: [eclipse-ide-wg] Minutes of May 3rd Eclipse IDE WG Steering Committee Meeting

Hello,

On the topic of

> Create a sample that shows how to create a p2 repository from maven dependencies to understand how this process works

Alex (Kurtakov) recently suggested that I write an article about it. I followed this good advice and wrote https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MnDBvOUwKvKacB-QKnH_PzK88dUlHkjs-D-DWEKmvkY/edit#heading=h.tir6oo3i3el8 which is IMO complete (taking TM4E as example and linking to various official-ish documentation). I'd like to publish it soon, but am not yet sure where is the best place to do it.
So if the IDE working group has some recommendation of where is the best place to host it so it gets enough attention from the community, that would be welcome. In the end, what seemd more important than where it's hosted is to share this with cross-project-issues-dev mailing-list, but where to host can also matter so let's discuss that. Some ideas are 1. my personal and outdated blog, 2. Red Hat Developers blog (need to check with them if they'd like to host this very specific content), 3. Eclipse Newsletter, but it's usually crowded with other informations and focused on particular topics so we may face a delay, 4. keep it as a Google Doc and share it as it, 5. Make it a .md file somwhere on Tycho repo.... I really don't have any preference as all them have more or less equivalent benfits&drawbacks so none seems really better. What do you think?

Cheers,
Mickael

Back to the top