Re: [eclipse-dev] [ide-dev] Why we dropped Eclipse in favour of IntelliJ | Java Code Geeks

I wonder if this post should trigger some critical evaluation of which problems developers have with eclipse and whether or not these issues will be addressed.
There are a bunch of critiques out there (recent blog post, ihateeclipse,…) but I have the feeling that these sites don't change any project's plans. It sill goes on as before.

In other words: I'm missing a call to action and a plan.
Maybe PMCs and architecture council should put this on their agenda and discuss critical issues with the project leads of the relevant groups. It would be great, e.g., to see performance goals and measure in any project's project plan for Luna.

Marcel