RE: [eclipse-dev] MacPort Launch Problems

Yep. I downloaded 20020920 unpacked it using stuffit 7.0 (as per the
instructions. I've been aware of the file truncation issue for a while) and
attempted to run it. I wonder what it is.

So it failed?

I would assume the application
doesn't rely on environment variables does it?

No. However make sure that you don't have one of the lucene or xerces jars
on your class path. (I looked at your stacktrace again and found that you
are crashing in xerces, so it is very likely that you have another incompatible
version of it on your classpath).

I wonder what it is about my
machine that doesn't like the build. (mind you I've never gotten any of the
builds to work).

I've experimented before this with trying to get it to run otherwise by
trying to compile the source but unsuccessfully.

I never tried to build everything from source on the Mac.
But I have no doubt that it would work. However the result will be same
than the pre-build drops.

I should be able to compile Eclipse from it's source should I not? Does it
require assembling components together afterwards?

I never did that, so I don't know how that works.
But I'm always building swt.jar and dll from source frtom within Eclipse,
and that works without a hitch.

--andre

Back to the top