Re: [eclemma-dev] P2 metadata for smooth transition for users

Omitting understandability, I did tests:

#1 without p2.inf
in fresh Eclipse Neon (4.6.0 Build id: 20160613-1800) installed old plugin from http://update.eclemma.org/ , after installation of new one from local directory - both are installed as expected

#2 with p2.inf
in fresh Eclipse Neon, installation of new one correctly upgrades old one, installation of newer after check for update also correctly upgrades

#3 with p2.inf
in fresh Eclipse Neon, installation of new one correctly upgrades old one, but then after installation of old one again - both are installed unexpectedly

old-new-old.png
At this point I'm a bit puzzled, especially given the fact that used p2.inf is identical to others used for the same purpose, including m2e-wtp.
Okay, such scenario won't be possible if/when udpate.eclemma.org will pointing/containing only new one. But what if someone has its content cached or uses dropins folder?

From here indeed seems better to go into p2 mailing list...

Cheers,
Evgeny

Back to the top