[ecf-dev] ecf code on ecf1

We need to understand the CVS structure on ecf1 so that we can
adequately set up these projects to build under our Buckminster/Hudson
environment. We need information like

what the projects are.
Some of the directories under the OSU CVS are ECF plugins and other
are not ... ecf1 has been a convenient place to put stuff (which is
OK). And so I want to get a list of exactly what needs to be built and
what just needs to be stored.

The functionality of the projects
This is almost self-descriptive but 25 words or less would be helpful.
I'd like to put these descriptions on our ecf1 website so that users
can peruse what is available without having to google the project
name.

who is responsible for each
In a sense we all are, but when a build breaks, we should be able to
know who the expert is on the project so that we can fix it in a
timely manner.

And there does seem to be some inconsistency in how the plugins are
structured. Some are under plugins; others are directly under HEAD. I
don't know if it is reasonable at this time to restructure the
organization, but it sure would be nice. Such a re-organization would
contribute greatly to understanding and maintaining our code on ecf1.
And if I get to understand what all these files are, I'll volunteer to
re-organize.

--
 -Ted

Back to the top