Re: Fwd: [ecf-dev] newsreader contribution

Hi Wim,

For the protocol bundles (org.eclipse.ecf.nntp.core and model), I would suggest using

org.eclipse.ecf.protocol.nntp.core
org.eclipse.ecf.protocol.nntp.model
org.eclipse.ecf.protocol.nntp

Just to maintain the convention that we already have for bittorrent and msn protocols.

For the provider implementation (i.e. IContainer and other ECF impl classes) I suggest:

org.eclipse.ecf.provider.nntp

I'm ok with the org.eclipse.ecf.salvo product...although is it intended to be a product or a sample? If sample, it could be org.eclipse.ecf.samples.salvo.*

Scott

Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi,

Shall I implement it like this?

Regards,

Wim

Hi,

I have finished the downgrade to Foundation 1.1 thanks to API tooling. Now for package naming

I suggest he following packages

org.eclipse.ecf.nntp.core
org.eclipse.ecf.nntp.model
This package contains all the POJO's there is no dependency on anything.

org.eclipse.ecf.nntp
This will contain the ECF specific wrapping like IContainer etc. I don't think org.eclipse.ecf.nntp.ecf is a good name but it would be structurally better

org.eclipse.ecf.nntp.store.filesystem
The model contains a Store definition. The store definition is used to store the news locally for ofline reading and also for maintenance of read messages, quick searching etcetera. This is a reference implementation which utilizes the filesystem and is also CDC 1.1 ready.

org.eclipse.ecf.salvo.*
Is the user interface/product. The actual newsreader reference implementation that will use the core packages.

The Salvo product will be depended on at least org.apache.mime4j which we have to get into the Orbit project.

I will be in Disney Paris for a couple-o-days.

--

Met vriendelijke groet,
Wim Jongman

Remain Software (http://remainsoftware.com)