[ecf-dev] GSoc 2009 Project Introduction

Hi All,

I am Harshana Eranga Martin from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I'm a 3rd year undergraduate and specializing in Computer Science and Engineering. My project is VoIP implementation for ECF using SIP protocol.

This is my first Summer of code experience as well as first open source experience. I have been working with Java for last 3 years and Eclipse for 2 years.

About the project:

There are MSN,Yahoo, Skype and few other providers implemented for ECF. But is no Sip implementation or a VoIP in Sip for ECF. My project is to implement this VoIP facility with Sip which is very popular among the other Communication platforms such as Sip Communicator.

The wiki page for this project is hosted at : http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF/SIP_VoIP.

Current Progress:

Currently I'm working on the Sip protocol implementation as there is no existing sip implementation in the ECF. For the moment i have implemented some methods used to connect to Sip register servers and sip header related things. I have tested the implementations with a public sip server ad came up with few problems and currently trying to figure out the causes of the failures with one of my mentor Mr. Roland Fru. I hope to complete the protocol implementation soon as possible and to start work on the VoIP provider. The repository location is http://code.google.com/p/voipimplementationforecfusingsip/

If any one knows about a SIP implementation compatible with EPL, could you please let me know? So i can find a SIP impl compatible with EPL then i can start SIP provider right away and complete it.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin

--
Harshana Eranga Martin