RE: [ecf-dev] Filetransfer with platform proxy setting

Hi,

> As you can see, it only sets the proxy configuration if the Proxy.Type
> is HTTP (also represent HTTPS).  But for SOCKS, this code won't be
> executed (for httpclient), and so no proxy configuration will be set
> up.

I think it happens at AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.setupProxy(). The problem
is that it takes the protocol scheme as a proxy type. In case of http:// it
requests the HTTP proxy settings from the IProxyService and this returns
null. Hence, no proxy object is set.

> But the question is...what is httpclient's support for SOCKs proxying?

Since SOCKS proxies should be transparent, I assume, there is no particular
support necessary.
http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/urlcon_vs_httpclient.html states
that SOCKS 4 and 5 work with httpclient.

Cheers,

Jan.

Back to the top