Re: [ecf-dev] Wich server for ECF ?

Hi Lionel,

lionel.amalric@xxxxxxx wrote:
Dear all,
(sorry for my english I'm french)

No problem...your english is excellent.

I'm quite new to ECF, and have successfuly tested few ECF features like instant
messaging, shared editor, ShareObject API, etc...

I have made some works with the ShareObject API and it works fine with ECF
generic server.
Also, I have tested instant messaging with eJabberd server.

My question is then about servers.
With ECF generic server, I'm able to share object but not to manage my contacts
list. With eJabberd, I'm able to manage my contacts list but not to use
ShareObject API.

1) First of all, is it possible with one server, to do both things ?

Yes, it is quite possible.  We have not (yet) created such a server for ECF.

2) Is there an already implemented and free server that does-it ?

Not as far as I know.

3) If no, do I have to implement these feature on the ECF generic server by
myself ?

Not by yourself. I imagine that others on this list and/or the ECF newsgroup would be able and willing to participate in a project. I personally could commit to only a limited amount of my time for this, because although I find it very interesting and useful, I have other commitments right now. Perhaps others on the list would be interested in participating also...if so, please speak up on this thread.

Scott

Thanks,

Regards
Lionel Amalric