Re: [ecd-tools-wg] ECDT Logo

Fwiw I like the spanner. It'll render well even on a small sticker  or similar size which is important.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 23:11 Thabang Mashologu <thabang.mashologu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Jonas and designer.

I would echo the recommendation against the orb, so we have some clear brand differentiation.

One idea maybe to add the Foundation crescent to tools superimposed on the cloud (like the wrench version).

On Nov 7, 2019, at 9:30 PM, Christopher Price <christopher.price@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do like the orb in the cloud logo more than the spanner in the cloud as far as a logo goes, however I get Mike’s point regarding differentiation.

Could we maybe try something along thos lines using the “Theia event” image?  https://cn.bing.com/images/search?q=theia+picture&id=7DB4A124CC2FE58D29E4891C58C1C4392C8E0356&FORM=IQFRBA

Apologies for the cn.bing.com link, you can guess where I am at the moment.

/ Chris

From: <ecd-tools-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Reply to: ECD Tools <ecd-tools-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 7 November 2019 at 22:40
To: ECD Tools <ecd-tools-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ecd-tools-wg] ECDT Logo

On 2019-11-07 7:42 a.m., Jonas Helming wrote:

as discussed in the first marketing meeting, here are two draft proposals for a logo for ECDT. We should not worry about colors, yet. Happy for any feedback!

Personally, I would recommend against using the Eclipse IDE orb in this new logo. There is already enough confusion about the relationship between this new generation of tooling and our original desktop IDE.

Just my 2 cents worth....

--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)