Re: [ecd-pmc] Won't be able to make today's call

On 2019-11-21 9:40 a.m., Brad Micklea wrote:
This may be a dumb question, but in light of the newly formed ECD-WG, what's the role of the PMC versus that working group? I can't seem to find anything on the Eclipse site but if it's there feel free to tell me to RTFM :)

I am sure this is written down somewhere, but here is a short overview.

The working group does not replace the PMC at all. The intention of working groups is that they complement the activities of the open source projects, not replace them. And working groups do not direct open source projects (e.g. tell them what features to build, what resources are working on, etc.)

The working group is responsible for things like marketing, branding, developer advocacy, and the like.

The PMC retains its sole responsibility for managing the projects themselves, including their adherence to the EDP and IP Policy.

Does that help?

--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)

Back to the top