Re: [ecd-pmc] works-with-dependency: git hooks

Dear Martin,

I think every project has its own way of writing git commit messages.

In Winery, we usually have non-committers. They are required to add the "Signed-off" line (https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#resources-commit). With such hooks, we want to have tooling to check for that. Reason: With the skills we have as externals contributors, this is sometimes a burden.

In addition to that most projects use gerrit for reviewing commits - and can also serve as a safety net for commit messages (and code changes, of course).

We successfully have GitHub in place. It is very helpful for a community of changing contributors. -Thus, we would like to keep this workflow.

And the committers on projects have commit rights to the repository because they know what the project-specific guidelines for commit messages are. I don’t see a huge reason to prevent anything here.

Yeah, maybe this is just a kind of habit. Think, we just step back from adding such a script.

Thank you for your input!

Cheers,

Oliver

Back to the top