[ecd-pmc] Eclipse Winery: More material

Dear ECD-PMC,

Thank you for the call today!

I collect some material here. We don't (currently) have a glitzy
presentation, but we are working on that. Until then, here some
material:

- TOSCA and OpenTOSCA: https://de.slideshare.net/OpenTOSCA
- OASIS TOSCA TC:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=tosca
- Interesting document about the idea of TOSCA:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/tosca/tosca-primer/v1.0/tosca-primer-v1.0.html
- Short paper about TOSCA: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6188582/
- Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OASIS_TOSCA -- we are
not included (yet - to be fixed)

- Documentation on Winery: http://eclipse.github.io/winery/
- Paper on Winery/TOSCA usage: Franco da Silva, Ana Cristina;
Breitenbücher, Uwe; Képes, Kálmán; Kopp, Oliver; Leymann, Frank:
OpenTOSCA for IoT: Automating the Deployment of IoT Applications based
on the Mosquitto Message Broker. In: Proceedings of the 6th
International Conference on the Internet of Things (IoT), 2016 --
http://www.iaas.uni-stuttgart.de/RUS-data/INPROC-2016-39%20-%20iot_16_demopaper.pdf

Projects not run under Eclipse Winery, but related:

- Conversion of TOSCA forth to other things (such as Kubernetes):
http://toscana.readthedocs.io/
- TOSCA importer at OpenStack: https://github.com/openstack/heat-translator
- TOSCA runtime at Apache: http://ariatosca.incubator.apache.org/
- Other TOSCA runtime: https://alien4cloud.github.io/
- Our TOSCA runtime: http://opentosca.github.io/container/

Our project proposal was: https://www.eclipse.org/proposals/soa.winery/
Interesting quote: "The g-Eclipse project offers “tools for grid and
cloud computing”. Although it is under termination review, it offers a
“Job Description Language” and connectors to a small number of cloud
providers. It has no graphical modeling environment, which is the main
focus of Winery. "

There was an EclipseCon France talk on Winery 2017
(https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2017/session/cloud-application-development-made-easy),
but we had some issues with the slides and video. I'll search for the
slides and provide them privately.

Looking forward to further discussions and synergy effects.

BTW: Our comparison of cloud IDEs at the time where we tried to
integrate Eclipse Che:
https://ultimate-comparisons.github.io/ultimate-webIDE-comparison/

Cheers,

Oliver