Re: [ecd-pmc] Fwd: [cft-dev] PMC approval for CFT 1.1.0 RC4 for Oxygen RC4

+1

Regards,
Nedelcho

From: <ecd-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Martin Lippert <mlippert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 10:53
To: Eclipse cloud development PMC discussions <ecd-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: cft developer discussions <cft-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ecd-pmc] Fwd: [cft-dev] PMC approval for CFT 1.1.0 RC4 for Oxygen RC4

Hey!

FYI… CFT needs PMC approval for a last-minute fix for Oxygen.

+1 from my end.

Cheers,
-Martin

Von: Nieraj Singh <nsingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 14. Juni 2017 um 06:08:18 MESZ
An: Elson Yuen <eyuen@xxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Lippert <mlippert@xxxxxxxxxx>, cft developer discussions <cft-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Antwort an: cft developer discussions <cft-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

We had a last minute blocking bug uncovered during Oxygen RC3 testing of CFT 1.1.0 and it required an RC4 today with a fix.

The bug for it is here:

The problem here is an NPE that causes the UI in the Cloud server editor to not render, preventing users from managing the app which would be a blocking issue.

It doesn't seem to be a regression introduced by our code, but regardless, the problem is that the "Debug" button rendering throws an NPE because the debug launch configuration from JDT seems to return null in some cases.

The fix is very simple and localised to just the check on the "Debug" button which ensures that the launch configuration obtained from JDT is not null.

We have the RC4 ready here with the fix, and we verified that the problem is solved:

If it is fine, we'll commit this RC4 to Oxygen SimRel tomorrow, which is the deadline for any last changes for Oxygen.

-Nieraj