[ecd-pmc] flux project - end of life

Hey!

The flux project served its purpose to demonstrate a possible way to migrate to a future of Cloud IDEs, mixed environments, and a service-oriented way to implement language and IDE tooling in a distributed cloud environment. The code base is a prototype and remained a prototype for quite a while now. I still believe that there is a huge potential in this idea and architecture, but that alone is not enough to move this project forward… ;-)

Therefore I propose to officially end-of-life and archive the flux project. My proposal also includes to keep the code at GitHub, but to modify the README to indicate that this project is no longer active.

If someone would like to actively work on the project and move it forward, please step up now and let us know.
I would be more than happy to hand it over instead of archiving it… :-)

Cheers,
-Martin

Back to the top