Re: [e4-dev] e4-izing the IDE

Hi,

I think the road to follow is to make core bundles who are needed for
IDE compat free.

To my mind are coming:
* org.eclipse.ui.navigator to get a project explorer
* org.eclipse.text & org.eclipse.jface.text to get the main text
  editing infrastructure

Something happing as part of that is to move the IEditorInput stuff from
org.eclipse.ui to a standalone bundle and/or design a completely new
story for editors & their input in e4 but I think for the start you
should port IEditorInput directly.

I've already done most of this when writing
http://tomsondev.bestsolution.at/2013/03/11/build-an-intelligent-code-editor-with-javafx-and-jdt/
so I know for sure it is doable!

Tom