Re: [e4-dev] Eclipse org.eclipse.e4.rcp feature project question

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I forgot why we decided that the org.eclipse.e4.rcp feature should not
include the EMF plug-ins. Currently org.eclipse.e4.rcp adds
org.eclipse.emf.ecore and org.eclipse.emf.common as dependencies.

My personal preference would be to change the org.eclipse.e4.rcp
feature and put org.eclipse.emf.ecore and org.eclipse.emf.common into
the "Included features" part.

This would make setting up Eclipse 4 application easier for new
starters, they only have to add their features and one framework
feature.

Are there objections against this change? If not I will open a bug
report with a patch.

Why does it need to be included?  We don't build/contain those feature in our feature (we really do just depend on them), and as it is we don't peg the versions of emf ecore and emf.common that often happens when including features (we only care that they're at a minimum level)

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR