From: "Jo Grant" <jo_grant@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 02/01/2013 01:21 PM
Subject: [e4-dev] Help System
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sopot Cela suggested I cross post this from the forum...

The e4 application model solves a lot of the problems we're hitting as we move our RCP based application into its 3rd release. I had already started prototyping the new UI and training my team when I discovered a major hole: no help system.
I've search the web and these forums and mostly just found "yep, it's not there" responses. I can't release a professional product without an integrated help system. Especially as it was one of the most praised features of the previous two releases. I image just about anyone else wanting to use e4 is in the same boat.
Does anyone have a status on this? Is there a working system that I haven't seen? Or a way to use the workbench based help without having to drag in the whole workbench model? Or is there a team or user group working on this, and what's their timetable?
I really want to move my product to the e4 model, but my team doesn't have the resources to write or port the entire help system. If this has already been started, I might be able to argue for committing some of my resources to helping the effort out. (That's how open source is supposed to work, right?)
Can anyone give me the status of this, or point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Jo

Jo Grant  550 King Street
Senior Software Engineer  Littleton, MA 01460
OpenPages install and config  USA
Cell: 617-648-6543
Office: 978-899-4836
e-mail: jo_grant@xxxxxxxxxx