[e4-dev] new bundle

I have checked in changes that make it possible to run existing 3.x JUnit plug-in tests using the standard PDE test launcher. For this, I had to add a new bundle containing 3.x API that we need to be able to see from the main e4 bundle. I have changed the .product files for: org.eclipse.e4.demo.contacts, org.eclipse.e4.demo.e4photo, and org.eclipse.e4.ide.application. To be able to launch these again, you will have to delete your existing launch configurations and re-create them by clicking on "Launch an Eclipse Application" from the .product editor.

The new bundle is called org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench3. I don't particularly like this name and would prefer org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench, but there is an existing bundle in the way. :-) Perhaps the existing bundle can be renamed, but I didn't feel like doing this at the same time as checking in my changes.

I have also added a new work area org.eclipse.e4.compatibility and checked in a copy of org.eclipse.ui.workbench containing only the public API. This is going to be the new compatibility layer. With the UI test bundle checked out (plus the UI and core test harnesses etc.), and this API-only version of org.eclipse.ui.workbench in my workspace, I am able to run the ApiTestSuite if I select org.eclipse.e4.ide.application.product as the product to launch, and if I comment out StickyViewTest and TrimLayoutTest because they reference internals. Of course, almost all tests fail. ;-)

Boris

Back to the top