Re: [dtp-pmc] Re: [dtp-dev] Nightly build and bug counts

This sounds good to me: it meets both Rob's and Hung's concerns.

If we don't hear any objections by the end of today, please go ahead and
commit it, Larry.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/
telephone: (978) 287-1634  (GMT - 5)

             Lawrence E
             Dunnell
             <ledunnel@xxxxxx.                                          To
             com>                      DTP PMC mailing list
             Sent by:                  <dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             dtp-pmc-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [dtp-pmc] Re: [dtp-dev] Nightly
             03/08/2006 01:57          build and bug counts
             PM

             Please respond to
              DTP PMC mailing
                   list
             <dtp-pmc@eclipse.
                   org>

I have a fix in hand for the model refresh.  It just does not refresh the
DSE.  I can deliver this change, just let me know.

Larry Dunnell
Internet address: ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx

 Hung.Hsi@xxxxxxxxxx
 Sent by:
 dtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx                                             To
 g                                         DTP PMC mailing list
                                           <dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
 03/08/2006 10:39 AM                       DTP PMC mailing list
                                           <dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                           dtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
      Please respond to                                            Subject
    DTP PMC mailing list                   Re: [dtp-pmc] Re: [dtp-dev]
    <dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  Nightly build and bug counts

Without the model refresh fix, it would break the SQL  Routine Editor
feature. I'd suggest that we  have a work-around first, and Rob and/or
Larry can work on the correct fix later with severity 'normal' by adding
another bugzilla entry.

Thanks and regards,
Hung Hsi

            jograham@sybase.c
            om
            dtp-pmc-bounces@e         DTP PMC mailing list
            clipse.org                <dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                       cc

            03/08/2006 09:19                                      Subject
            AM                        Re: [dtp-pmc] Re: [dtp-dev] Nightly
                                      build and bug counts

            Please respond to
             DTP PMC mailing
                  list
            <dtp-pmc@eclipse.
                  org>

I have looked at this defect, and I recommend that we change its severity
from "critical" to "normal" and address it after 0.7. I would also ask
Larry or Rob to disable the context item causing the problem for now.

PMC: Other votes/opinions?

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/
telephone: (978) 287-1634  (GMT - 5)

            rcernich@sybase.c
            om
            dtp-pmc-bounces@e         DTP development mailing list
            clipse.org                <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                       cc
                                      dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
            03/07/2006 03:05                                      Subject
            PM                        [dtp-pmc] Re: [dtp-dev] Nightly
                                      build and bug counts

            Please respond to
             DTP PMC mailing
                  list
            <dtp-pmc@eclipse.
                  org>

Hey Larry,

Thanks for the input.

> not a trivial change and would take some time.  If we really feel
> this fix is critical and want to get it taken care of ASAP then I
> would recommend we just restore the existing functionality.
> Otherwise, we should probably fix this later.   I'll leave the
> decision to you.

My preference would be to implement it correctly.  This will allow the
content provider for the SQL model to be used in other views/dialogs
without hassle.

I'll defer to the PMC to decide whether this defect should retain its
critical status and/or be deferred post-0.7.

Regards,
Rob