Re: [dtp-dev] how to enumerate data types

There is no example code, but the following will enumerate all the datatypes defined in a DatabaseDefinition:

Iterator iter = databaseDefinition.getPredefinedDataTypes();
while (iter.hasNext()) {
        PredefinedDataTypeDefinition datatype = (PredefinedDataTypeDefinition)iter.next();
        datatype.getName();  //  Call the methods on datatype to access the datatype information        you are interested in
}

Is there something in particular you are trying to do?

Larry Dunnell
RAD Data Tools, DB2 Tooling,  Eclipse WTP Project and Eclipse DTP Project
IBM DB2 Information Management Software

"hosokawa" <hosokawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/17/2006 02:53 AM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
Re: [dtp-dev] how to enumerate data types

Thanks Larry,

For your advice, I could get to use the DatabaseDefinition in my code.

Could you tell me if there is any sample code actually getting data type from the DatabaseDefinition?
That will be of much help to me.

 Best regards,

Takehiro Hosokawa
VALWAY Technology Center, NEC Soft, Ltd.

You can use the DatabaseDefinitionRegistry class to retrieve a DatabaseDefinition for a specific database version.  From the DatabaseDefinition, you can call  any of the getPredfinedDatatypeXxx methods to get the PredefinedDataTypeDefinitions.  The PredefinedDataTypeDefinition class contains methods for retrieving all the datatype metadata.

Larry Dunnell
RAD Data Tools, DB2 Tooling,  Eclipse WTP Project and Eclipse DTP Project
IBM DB2 Information Management Software

"hosokawa" <hosokawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/16/2006 02:35 AM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] how to enumerate data types

Hi,

How can I enumerate Data Types available in the DTP frameworks or tools?
I think validation of data types would be checked when SQL Editor excuses
scripts,
so there might be any way to get thier infomation.
I'm sorry, but I'm beginner of DTP...